SCHS MEMBERSHIP COORDINATOR
The South Carolina Historical Society (SCHS) seeks an organized, highly-motivated and detail-oriented individual for a full-time position as Membership Coordinator.
The Membership Coordinator manages the membership database of the SCHS and is responsible for the organization’s various communication and marketing efforts.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills: advanced knowledge of and experience with membership databases, such as Raisers Edge or Altru; proven data input accuracy and attention to detail; excellent typing skills; strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Word, Excel and Outlook); oral and written communication skills; a professional and positive demeanor; strong service orientation; ability to prioritize work to ensure that goals are realized; and the ability to work independently and as part of a team in a production-oriented dynamic environment with a commitment to professional development and growth.
The SCHS, located in Charleston, is a vibrant and professionally operated repository for the State’s history, culture, and diversity. The organization’s mission is to expand, preserve, and make accessible its invaluable collection, and to encourage interest and pride in the rich history of the State of South Carolina.
1. As part of the Development Team, the Membership Coordinator manages a 2,000+ member database by accurately recording new and updated information. Communicates with membership via letter, telephone and email. Updates Facebook page regularly.
2. Mails monthly renewals to notify members of their status. As payments are received, enters the necessary information in the Altru database and gathers information such as emails, change of address, etc. to update membership information. Prepares deposits in Altru and transmits to accountant. Works closely with accountant and auditor to ensure accurate Altru financial records.
3. Ensures updated mail and email lists are maintained and provided to the staff as necessary. Maintains bulk mail permits and works with mail house to ensure timely delivery of SCHS information.
4. Creates invitation lists, sends eblasts, manages online registration, and represents the Society when/where possible. Assists staff with events that involve reservations or ticket sales.
5. Manages website updates
6. Assist administration and board of managers with current and historical membership data for fundraising, capital campaign, management, and accounting needs.
7. Manages the online gift shop or any orders placed over the phone. Sends out purchases.
Bachelors or equivalent degree as acceptable to SCHS management.
This is a full-time position. The salary is $30,500.00 + partial payment of benefits.
Please email a cover letter; resume; and contact information for three references by August 25, 2014 to Faye Jensen, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.