The South Carolina Historical Society sponsors a number of events for members and their guests throughout the year. From the Winter Lecture Series and our Annual Meeting to Carolina Day and the Fall Tour, we hope you will join us!
Here are just a few of the events we have planned:
Saturday, September 26, 2015: Smithsonian Magazine Museum Day Live!
For the third year in a row, the South Carolina Historical Society will participate in Smithsonian Magazine Museum Day Live! Take a self-guided tour of our headquarters at the historic Fireproof Building in the heart of downtown Charleston. Our current exhibit features highlights from the South Carolina Historical Society’s vast collection.
Sunday, November 1, 2015: Fall Tour: East of the Edisto
The South Carolina Historical Society’s Annual Fall Tour will be held in historic St. Paul’s Parish, located east of the South Edisto River. Join us as we explore an array of plantation homes and historic sites in this scenic area!
- July 12, 2014: Unearthing Treasures: Tracing Your African American Ancestors
- September 27, 2014: Smithsonian Magazine Museum Day Live!
- September 30, 2014: A Conversation on the Siege of Charleston, 1863-1865
- November 2, 2014: Camden: Exploring Its Rich History Fall Tour
- January 20-March 10, 2015: Winter Lecture Series: People You Should Know, Remarkable South Carolinians, Part II
- February 28, 2015: 160th Annual Meeting
- June 16, 2015: Working on the Dock of the Bay: Exploring the History of Charleston’s Waterfront Laborers
- June 27, 2015: Carolina Day
The SCHS event “A Conversation on the Siege of Charleston, 1863-1865″
with Dr. Walter Edgar and Dr. Stephen Wise can be found here on
C-SPAN 3: American History TV
Check back regularly for updates!
For more details about our programs, please contact Ashley Darland at (843) 723-3225, ext. 111.