The South Carolina Historical Society sponsors a number of events for members and their guests throughout the year. From the South Carolina History Lecture Series and our Annual Meeting to Carolina Day and the Fall Tour, we hope you will join us!
Here are just a few of the events we have planned:
Saturday, September 27, 2014: Smithsonian Museum Day
In the spirit of Smithsonian Museums, who offer free admission every day, Museum Day Live! is an annual event hosted by Smithsonian magazine in which participating museums across the country open their doors to anyone presenting a Museum Day Ticket…for free.
Tuesday, September 30, 2014: A Conversation on the Siege of Charleston- Registration open!
Join us for an engaging conversation between two outstanding historians, Dr. Walter Edgar and Dr. Stephen Wise, as they discuss the Siege of Charleston. This significant campaign would greatly influence the course of the Civil War.
Sunday, November 2, 2014: Fall Tour
Each year members of SCHS are invited to join us on tour of historic homes, sites, and churches around the state of South Carolina. This year’s tour will be held in lovely, historic Camden, South Carolina.
- March 28, 2013: Book Launch: A Confederate Englishman
- April 25, 2013: An Evening Honoring Robert Mills
- September 28, 2013: Smithsonian Museum Day
- October 3, 2013: Creating the Carolinas: An SC/NC Borders Talk
- October 26, 2013: Fort Sumter Cruise & Commemoration
- October 27, 2013: Annual Fall Tour- Cooper River Ramblings
- November 9, 2013: Unearthing Treasures: Tracing Your African American Ancestors
- February 8, 2014: Annual Meeting
- June 28, 2014: Carolina Day
- July 12, 2014: Unearthing Treasures: Tracing Your African American Ancestors
Check back regularly for updates!
For more details about our programs, please contact Ginny Zemp at (843) 723-3225, ext. 22.